Thursday, January 05, 2006

To Texas and Back



We survived the holidays!

What an amazing trip. Approximately 4000 miles in ten days.

We saw family, friends and about a thousand Cracker Barrels.

Temperatures ranged from freezing to the high 80's. It rained the whole way through Louisiana, while Texas was so dry and the skies filled with smoke from the numerous wildfires throughout the state.

We drank Cheerwine in the Carolinas and Dublin Dr. Pepper (made with real cane sugar)-- straight from the original bottling company-- in Texas.

It was great to get back and see everyone, but, with such a tight schedule, many people got shafted. I hate that I wasn't able to spend more time with my great friends in Texas. I guess that means that everyone needs to come to DC! ;)

Because, there is no way I'm driving ANYWHERE for a while!

1 comment:

flippnsweet said...

Hooray! I'm so excited about your new blog. I am certain,like you, it will contain priceless wisdom and wit.

Welcome to the blog world!