Thursday, July 31, 2008

BE (Before Emma)


A few photos of the happy couple a couple of weeks before our baby girl arrived. It's hard to believe how much has changed since then. I'm glad we have these pictures to remember this time. The excitement, the anticipation, and the speculation....
I was wrong on quite a few things I was thinking back then. I thought Emma would be a little chunky and have lots and lots of curly dark brown hair. Turns out she was a petite little blonde haired baby. She's starting to put on some weight now and her hair is slowly coming in (a little darker every day), but she looked nothing like what I had imagined she would.
She's just perfect! So pretty and sweet. God has blessed us so greatly. I still have trouble believing it all.
Another of the things I had wrong was thinking that I couldn't love Robby any more than I already did. My love for him has grown immensely, even though it feels like we hardly see each other these days because our attention is focused on Miss Sweetie Pie.
He and I are both sleep deprived and exhausted and running on Love (the adrenaline is long gone at this point). He's such an awesome Daddy to little Emma and such a wonderful husband to me. I can't imagine how I would manage without his love and support.
Thank you Sweetheart!

No comments: