Monday, July 06, 2009

Going Green!

It's amazing to me that it has taken me this long to finally check out the gorgeous scenery behind the house. We've been here for more than a year and I've just now gotten around to walking down to the stream. From the deck on quiet nights, I've enjoyed the gentle sounds of the gurgling waters and always intended to go take a closer look, but there was always something keeping me from it.
When we first moved in, I was WAY pregnant with Emma. Since then, I really haven't wanted to take her down there ('fraid of snakes n such). But since Mom has been here, I've had someone to adventure with me while the hubby watches the little one.
It was really much better than I had imagined. Really cool. Lots of great rocks and shells and... no snakes (that I could see)! Yippee!
The only problem I could see was that one of my neighbors decided that the stream would be a great place to dump all of their newly cut limbs! What!!!
So, it was Super Mom to the rescue. She jumped in and saved the day-- quickly clearing the limbs which were already starting to cause some backup and yucky foamy stuff.






Yay Mom! I think she qualifies as an environmentalist, don't you?


No comments: