Monday, June 16, 2008

Due Date?

I had an ultrasound on Friday just to check on Emma's size and dimensions. The doctors wanted to take a look to make sure she wasn't too small. Well, the girl is NOT small. As it turns out, she's just planted herself so far down in my pelvis that my belly appears smaller than normal. But she's all there. In fact, they estimated her at 7 lbs. 14 oz. already. Yikes!!! Of course, it's difficult to get an accurate weight from an ultrasound this late in the game. She could be a pound lighter or a pound heavier.
Oh please not a pound heavier!
Plus, they moved up the due date to the 21st. That's the first day of summer and less than a week away! It's also my mother's birthday. And my uncle's birthday too. They are brother and sister and were born on the same day three years apart. So it's a popular day to be born in this family. Maybe that's because it's technically the longest day of the year. The odds are increased by like half a second or something. ;)
But, this Wednesday is a full moon. I hear that has quite an effect on spurring the baby birthing. I'm hoping so. At this point, sooner rather than later, is better. I'm ready to meet Emma and see her sweet little face.
I didn't get a good look at her on the ultrasound precisely because she is so far down. So it will be a surprise when she finally shows herself. The one thing the sonographer could tell about her looks was that she already has a head full of hair. Just like her momma. When I was born I had a ton of hair. The nurses tied little bows in my hair while I was still in the hospital.
I have a feeling she's going to look just like my dad. It seems all of the babies in my family look just like Virgil. Those must be some strong genes. I think it's fitting since yesterday was my first Father's Day without him. I know he would have been so excited to see his latest little granddaughter/clone.
Robby seems to think she'll have a "Wagoner nose". I'm not sure what that is, but, it must be special. I imagine she'll have big chubby cheeks (from both sides of the family). With any luck, she'll get her sense of humor from her daddy and will be completely silly-- dancing around the house to Herb Alpert and the Tijuana Brass.
It won't be long before I'll be able to see if my predictions are true. I'm sure I will be surprised and completely in love with the unique and wonderful gift that God has given us. This is such an exciting and anxious time in our lives. It's so good to remember, God is always good and I trust in Him to take care of us perfectly like He always has.

1 comment:

ADB said...

So exciting! I can't wait to see pics of her!!